Phoenix Coyotes: OT..AGAIN. They Are Gonna Kill Me.
Why OT is Bad for a Hockey Fan’s Health
After tonight’s OT win in Chicago, making the series 3-1 in the Coyotes favor and Mikkel Boedker a Phoenix hero, it appears that the Phoenix Coyotes and Chicago Blackhawks are working hard to give their fans their money’s worth and to make this series as exciting as possible. Either that or they just don’t want to get off the ice because all four games have gone into overtime. You heard me right, FOUR games. And as exciting as it is, it has also proven to be detrimental to my health. This is why OTwill never be FDA approved:
- It causes extreme heart palpitations
- Has the uncanny ability to bring on an extreme case of terrets (I called 2 Blackhawk fans “lucky sons-of-b*****s” during game 2)
- Insomnia due to all the adrenaline coursing through your veins and the extra period (s)
- Not to mention poor performance at work due to the lack of sleep. I have said it once and I will say it again..Stanley Cup Playoffs should be recognized as a national holiday.
- Anxiety during the last few seconds of the game where, as this series is proving, anything can happen (let’s talk about Chicago’s late in the game goal scoring) 5.5 seconds..5.5 seconds!!
- Causes bad decision making, mealtimes in front of the TV and bad language in front of my 10 year old.
If you experience any of these symptoms, don’t do anything..you’re a real fan!