Phoenix Coyotes: The Puck-et List
In honor of the Coyotes first playoff series in 8 years, I have compiled a Puck-et, as opposed to bucket, list of things I’d like to see accomplished during the playoffs.
* Be the dragon slayers and defeat the Detroit Red Wings in the first round. As this piece is written, the Yotes lead the series at 2-1. If the Coyotes could take the Red Wings, not only would my boys advance but everyone in the West would heave a huge sigh of relief.
* Perfect the power play. Now I know this is a tough one to ask since our power play has suffered tremendously all season however with Derek Morris’s pp goal on Wednesday night, things could be looking up.
* Keep up the “pack mentality” we have so grown to love and capitalize on. The word team has taken on a whole new meaning and I have said it once and I will say it again..the Coyotes ARE the hardest working team in the NHL. Note the rally after Doan’s injury Sunday in Detroit.
* A speedy recovery for Doan, he is the heart of the team. And maybe a hat trick if that is not asking too much…
* For Bryzgalov to..wait..he’s just about perfect. Never mind. Stay classy Bryz.
* Tippett for Mayor. Enough said.
* For the team’s success to finally overshadow the financial woes, ownership squabbles and talks of lease deals.
* Watch the 3rd period. Fizzling out at the last minute did no one any good. Keep the energy flowing, play the puck not the man and be smart. It worked in the 1st game, it can work again.
* And last, but not least, a big shiny silver cup with the Phoenix Coyotes all over it!
Let’s Playoff Puck!